Training Course #2: Advanced Mediation Techniques
Course Dates: May 16-18, 2013
Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (followed by reception)
Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuition: $1195 if registered by March 30; $1295 thereafter
JAMS Resolution Center
555 13th St., NW, Suite 400 West
Washington, DC 20004
Prerequisites: Mediation for the Professional; Harvard PON Mediation workshop or equivalent training; or consent of instructor.
Advanced Mediation Techniques, an interactive 3-day course, focuses both on the skills of the mediator and on the skills of parties and advocates in mediation.
- Building on basic mediation training courses, this course focuses on the latter stages of the mediation process, emphasizing caucusing and closure.
- In order to permit maximum feedback and learning, participants will spend most of the class time in small groups practicing advanced mediation techniques in disputes involving civil, commercial, and employment problems, as well as multi-party international, public policy, class actions, and environmental conflicts.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to mediate a complete dispute, with feedback.
- We will focus on preparing clients to participate in various ADR processes, representing clients in ADR, analyzing complex disputes, and employing a neutral to help achieve durable agreements.
- There will be a reception for all participants on Friday evening.
Advanced Mediation Techniques is designed for previously trained or experienced attorneys, managers, human resource professionals, and others desiring to enhance their mediation skills. Enrollment is strictly limited. Building on basic mediation training courses, this course focuses on the latter stages of the mediation process, emphasizing caucusing and closure.
Concentration is on small group practice of advanced mediation techniques in disputes involving civil, commercial, employment problems, multi-party international, public policy, and class actions.