Facilitation of Meetings and Community Disputes
CDS plans, convenes, and facilitates meetings for federal and state agencies, organizations, and universities in the Washington, DC area to improve communication and maximize effective outcomes.
CDS also facilitates focus group meetings, conducts climate surveys, designs team building programs and assists organizations in the diagnosis of problems as well as the resolution of disputes.
Some client and case examples:
- The Montgomery County (Maryland) Government hired CDS to facilitate a series of meetings which succeeded in resolving a five-year-old dispute about development plans for downtown Silver Spring.
- The Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Authority, the City of Irving, Texas, and a number or airlines hired CDS to facilitate meetings concerning the proposed expansion of the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency used CDS to help guide the agency’s strategic planning effort.
- The Federal Reserve hired CDS to conduct a climate survey for a division and make recommendations.
- The Federal Reserve used CDS facilitators to conduct a series of focus groups and to evaluate new employee programs.
- CDS staff facilitated meetings for the Partnership Council at the Federal Labor Relations Administration.
- CDS facilitated a meeting of leaders from several religious groups to discuss issues of mutual interest.
Contact Edna Povich for more information about our facilitation services.